We are open and ready to assist you with your Specialised Dental requirements
Bayside Dental Specialists remains open and up to date with the latest Government regulations, which are changing daily.
*Dental practices in metropolitan Melbourne can now provide general dental care under the Victorian Government’s Step 2 restrictions.
Dental is what we know and do best and we will continue to provide our patients with the care they need for as long as it is deemed safe to do so.
We are following the latest recommendations from the health regulators on the procedures that we can and cannot perform. To view the Australian Dental Associations recommendations please head to https://adavb.org/resources/for-dental-professionals/covid-19/dental-restrictions
We have sufficient Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available, in addition to our already high infection control and hygiene standards.
We have put multiple measures in place to ensure the practice environment is safe for all our patients.
Measures we have taken to ensure continued safety include:
- Temperature checks of team and all patients on entry into the practice building.
- Hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes are readily available throughout the practice for patients and team.
- All patients are required to wear a mask to their appointment.
- All team members wear masks at all times, aside from eating in their own space.
- Pre-treatment mouth-rinse is offered to every patient before starting their dental procedures.
- All frequently touched surfaces in the practice are thoroughly sanitised and cleaned throughout the day and after each patient to ensure the utmost cleanliness.
- All non-essential items such as coffee, tea, waiting room magazines and other non-essential items have been temporarily removed.
- Your waiting time is minimal and we keep you informed if your appointment status is running behind schedule. If you prefer, you can sit in your car and wait in our car park, and we will give you a call or fetch you as soon as we are ready to see you. We have limited the number of people in the waiting and reception room to a maximum of 4 (including the BDS team).
- Our team is fully trained with the highest infection control and hygiene standards, including practicing proper hand sanitising procedures and cough/sneeze etiquette.
- In our surgical areas, a full wipe down procedure is done on every surface in the dental room and barrier protection for devices is changed for every patient.
The health, safety and well-being of our patients, team and community at large is our number one priority during this unprecedented time.
Please feel free to contact us should you have any concerns or if you would like to ask us any questions.